|1. Alif. Lám. Mím.
2. This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah;
3. Who believe in the Unseen, are steadfast in prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them;
4. And who believe in the Revelation sent to thee, and sent before thy time, and (in their hearts) have the assurance of the Hereafter.
5. They are on (true) guidance, from their Lord, and it is these who will prosper.
|1. Há Mím:
2. A revelation from the Most Gracious, Most Merciful;-
3. A Book, whereof the verses are explained in detail;- a Qurán in Arabic, for people who understand;
4. Giving good news and admonition: yet most of them turn away, and so they hear not.
5. They say: "Our hearts are under veils, (concealed) from that to which thou dost invite us, and in our ears in a deafness, and between us and thee is a screen: so do thou (what thou wilt); for us, we shall do (what we will!)"
6. Say thou: "I am but a man like you: it is revealed to me by inspiration, that your God is One God. so take the straight path unto Him, and ask for His Forgiveness." And woe to those who join gods with Allah,
|51. It is not fitting for a man that Allah should speak
to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil, or by the sending of a messenger to
reveal, with Allah's permission, what Allah wills: for He is Most High, Most Wise.
52. And thus have We, by Our Command, sent inspiration to thee: thou knewest not (before) what was Revelation, and what was Faith; but We have made the (Qurán) a Light, wherewith We guide such of Our servants as We will; and verily thou dost guide (men) to the Straight Way,-
53. The Way of Allah, to Whom belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on earth. Behold (how) all affairs tend towards Allah!
|1. Alif. Lám. Mím.
2. Allah. There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-Subsisting, the Supporter of all.
3. It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Torah (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) .
4. before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong). Then those who reject Faith in the Signs of Allah will suffer the severest penalty, and Allah is Exalted in Might, Lord of Retribution.
5. From Allah, verily nothing is hidden on earth or in the heavens.
6. He it is Who shapes you in the wombs as He pleases. There is no god but He, the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
7. He it is Who has sent down to thee the Book: In it are verses basic or fundamental (of established, clear meaning); they are the foundation of the Book: others are not entirely clear. But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is not clear, seeking discord, and searching for hidden meanings in it, but no one knows its interpretation except Allah. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in the Book; the whole of it is from our Lord:" and none will grasp the Message except men of understanding.
|86. Say: "No reward do I
ask of you for this (Qurán), nor am I a pretender.
87. "This is no less than a Reminder to (all) the Worlds.
88. "And ye shall certainly know the truth of it (all) after a while."
|1. Há Mím.
2. By the Book that makes things clear;
3. We sent it down during a blessed night: for We (ever) wish to warn (against Evil).
4. In that (night) is made distinct every affair of wisdom,
5. By command, from Us. For We (ever) send (revelations),
6. As Mercy from thy Lord: for He hears and knows (all things);
7. The Lord of the heavens and the earth and all between them, if ye (but) have an assured faith.
8. There is no god but He: It is He Who gives life and gives death, The Lord and Cherisher to you and your earliest ancestors.
|1. Alif. Lám. Mím.
2. These are Verses of the Wise Book,
3. A Guide and a Mercy to the Doers of Good,
4. Those who establish regular prayer, and give Zakat, and have sure faith in the Hereafter.
5. These are on (true) guidance from their Lord: and these are the ones who will prosper.
|138. (Our religion) takes its hue from Allah. And who
can give a better hue than Allah. And it is He Whom we worship.
139. Say: Will ye dispute with us about Allah, seeing that He is our Lord and your Lord; that we are responsible for our doings and ye for yours; and that we are sincere (in our faith) in Him?
140. Or do ye say that Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes were Jews or Christians? Say: Do ye know better than Allah. Ah! who is more unjust than those who conceal the testimony they have from Allah. But Allah is not unmindful of what ye do!
|70. Leave alone those who take their religion to be
mere play and amusement, and are deceived by the life of this world. But continue
to admonish with it (the Qurán) lest a soul is caught in its own ruin by its own actions:
it will find for itself no protector or intercessor except Allah: if it offered
every ransom, (or reparation), none will be accepted: such is (the end of) those who
deliver themselves to ruin by their own acts: they will have for drink (only) boiling
water, and for punishment, one most grievous: for they persisted in rejecting Allah.
71. Say: "Shall we call on others besides Allah,- things that can do us neither good nor harm,- and turn on our heels after receiving guidance from Allah? - like one whom the Satans have made into a fool, wandering bewildered through the earth, his friends calling: 'come to us', (vainly) guiding him to the path." Say: "Allah's guidance is the (only) guidance, and we have been directed to submit ourselves to the Lord of the worlds;-
72. "To establish regular prayers and to fear Allah: for it is to Him that we shall be gathered together."
73. It is He who created the heavens and the earth with true: the day He saith, "Be," behold! it is. His Word is the Truth. His will be the dominion the day the trumpet will be blown. He knoweth the Unseen as well as that which is Open. For He is the Wise, well acquainted (with all things).
|34. We have already sent down to you verses making
things clear, an illustration from (the story of) people who passed away before you, and
an admonition for those who fear (Allah).
35. Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The Parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche and within it a Lamp: the Lamp enclosed in Glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: lit from a blessed Tree, an Olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light! Allah doth guide whom He will to His Light: Allah doth set forth Parables for men: and Allah doth know all things.
36. (Lit is such a Light) in houses, which Allah hath permitted to be raised to honor; for the celebration, in them, of His name. In them is He glorified in the mornings and in the evenings, (again and again),-
|29. Those who rehearse the Book of Allah, establish
regular Prayer, and spend (in Charity) out of what We have provided for them, secretly and
openly, hope for a commerce that will never fail:
30. For He will pay them their meed, nay, He will give them (even) more out of His Bounty: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Ready to appreciate (service).
31. That which We have revealed to thee of the Book is the Truth,- confirming what was (revealed) before it: for Allah is assuredly- with respect to His Servants - well acquainted and Fully Observant.
32. Then We have given the Book for inheritance to such of Our servants as We have chosen: but there are among them some who wrong their own souls; some who follow a middle course; and some who are, by Allah's leave, foremost in good deeds; that is the highest Grace.
33. Gardens of Eternity will they enter: therein will they be adorned with bracelets of gold and pearls; and their garments there will be of silk.
34. And they will say: "Praise be to Allah, Who has removed from us (all) sorrow: for our Lord is indeed Oft-Forgiving Ready to appreciate (service):